Mothers Day…is fast approaching as we all battle to think of a lovely gift that our mum’s will appreciate and that won’t break the bank.
Did you know…..
- Mother’s Day is celebrated in more than 50 countries, but not all on the same date… For example, India has a ten-day Mother’s Day celebration in October (what a fantastic idea, I wonder if that precludes them from washing up for 10-days!), something we should definitely look to adopt in the UK or Horsham at the least!
- This is one definitely not for our Horsham mums…In the former Yugoslavia, children would tie up their mother on Mother’s Day. In order to be freed she had to pay them with treats – sounds like blackmail to us and punishable by at least 10-days of washing up!
- Ok so this is a US fact – so not so fun 🙁 but nevertheless, here we go…According to an AT&T survey, there are more phone calls made on Mother’s Day than any other day of the year, with approximately 122.5 million phone calls made to Mom. I’m sure that Horsham moms receive far more calls!
- Mother’s Day is the busiest day of the year for restaurants with 62% dining ou
- One quarter of all flowers purchased for holidays are purchased for Mother’s Day
- Carnations are a popular symbol of Mother’s Day. The tradition is to honour mothers who are living with red or pink flowers, and those who have passed on with white ones.
Approximate half a billion of our lovely Great British Pounds are spent on mothers day each year, with men really going to town….and spending £12 more than women….
So here’s a little treat should buy for your deserving mum. We are selling Afternoon Tea vouchers for 2 at £27 – you can buy these by coming in to see us, or giving us a call on 01403 274142 and we will pop them in the post!